25 Ways to Build Your SavingsJul 19, 2019
Open your mind to the incredible possibilities that are waiting for you by establishing a habit of consistently saving your money. Use this checklist to start or beef up the amount of cash you save. Mark the suggestions you’ll put into action today or come up with some of your own methods to accumulate wealth. Every cent counts!
- Deposit a $10 bill into your savings account each time you drive by your bank.
- Drop your change into a jar or piggy bank at the end of the day.
- Take on a seasonal part-time job, do odd-jobs or freelance. Bank those earnings.
- Use cash: agree on an amount of pocket money to carry each week.
- Get familiar with how much money comes in and how much goes out each month.
- Whittle excess spending and put the amount you avoided spending into savings.
- Never pay full price: buy on sale or ask for discounts.
- Take your lunch to work four out of five days a week.
- Clean out your garage and sell what you don’t want.
- Limit the number of times a week that you or your family eats out.
- Schedule automatic transfers to savings at your bank for each payday.
- Lengthen the time between haircuts by one or two weeks.
- Sell clothing you no longer wear.
- Challenge yourself to buy only items that are on sale when grocery-shopping.
- Use Smartphone apps to find the least expensive gasoline near you.
- Before purchasing online, search for discount codes for the vendor you plan to use.
- Purchase generic brands unless the name brand is on sale for less.
- Buy from the “Clearance” racks.
- Stock up on school and office supplies during the “back to school” sales.
- Consolidate car trips so you can accomplish three or four errands in one trip.
- Save on bank fees. Negotiate with your bank or change to a bank with free checking.
- Check into local credit unions as they often do not charge members any account fees.
- Buy food and sundry items in bulk at your local warehouse store.
- Negotiate with your credit card company to reduce or remove fees.
- Avoid paying interest on credit cards by paying your balance in full each month.
Come up with a few of your own and let us know. We will add them to our list!
Michelle R Russell
© The Prosperity Process, LLC
Want to hire a Virtual Assistant but don't have a clue about how to get started...
We've created a program just for you inside our membership, VA Advantage. Not a member yet? We've got you covered, too. We've made this program available for "outsiders" for a limited time and for less than $20. Grab it now before it's too late!
Go and Grow...
If you want to become financially free, you need the right education. That’s why we created our Mini-Courses on investing in Short-Term Rentals. If you are serious about investing your time and money into an Airbnb (aka Short Term Rental), you need a system. Our courses are jammed packed with everything you need to know to create massive, passive income. Plus, they're affordable.
and take a look at July's BNB Budget Makeover Series inside our blogs...
This month, we give you loads of great ideas on using your orphan days to make inexpensive changes to your properties. Begin here, with Budget Room Makeovers: Weekend Projects for Under $1000.
Don't miss a beat!
New articles, blogs, podcast episodes, and courses delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.