5 Ways to Embrace the Season of GivingNov 30, 2018
The season which runs between Thanksgiving and Christmas goes by all sorts of names, depending on who you talk to, and you probably even have your own name for it as well! If you haven’t yet been able to truly embrace the “reason for the season,” as some call it, you might want to give it some serious thought.
Joining with others in giving back for the blessings that have been bestowed on you is a great way to make it joyful and memorable for you as well.
But just how do you do that? How do you give back without literally taking what you’ve received and handing it over to someone else?
Thankfully, there are several ways you can give and receive the benefits of “giving back.”
Consider these ideas:
- Visit a children’s hospital. Kids who are sick need to know that they’re loved and cared for. You can give them that reassurance by spending time with them during this season of giving. Your visits will provide much-needed encouragement and bring some special joy into their day.
- Find out from your local children’s hospital if they have a program that allows you to become a mentor to young patients.
- Make play dates or plan to read stories.
- Add the children to your social media network so they feel involved.
- Donate cash, food, clothes, toys, or other gifts. Sometimes the most direct way to give is to donate cash or goods to a needy individual or organization. Your contribution can make a meaningful difference in an individual’s life or a program’s ability to help the masses. It’s easy to embrace the season when you realize how much you are appreciated!
- Adopt a pet. Taking an abandoned pet into your home is one of the most heartwarming things you’ll ever experience! Animals have such a direct way of showing gratitude by giving back unconditional love and loyalty.
- Count your blessings. Sometimes all it takes to embrace the season of giving is a sincere appreciation of all the blessings you’ve received. When you take a moment to look at all you’ve received and achieved, you’ll realize that you have more than you imagined and can then feel free to share your wealth - financial and spiritual - with others.
- Spend precious time with those you love. Precious memories with family members and other loved ones are worth more than their weight in gold. It’s an awesome feeling to let those closest to you know how important they are to you. That’s probably the best gift you’ll ever give them!
As you can see, the season of giving can really mean what you want it to mean. Embrace it by choosing your own special way to give back to others while giving thanks for all you’ve received.
Customize the season to fit your life and cater to the things that are really important to you.
Taking this approach enables you to get the most out of this season of giving, and also ensures that each year you can make new memories that you’ll cherish forever.
Happy holidays from the Prosperity Process and BNB-Boss!
Michelle R Russell
© The Prosperity Process, LLC
Want to hire a Virtual Assistant but don't have a clue about how to get started...
We've created a program just for you inside our membership, VA Advantage. Not a member yet? We've got you covered, too. We've made this program available for "outsiders" for a limited time and for less than $20. Grab it now before it's too late!
Go and Grow...
If you want to become financially free, you need the right education. That’s why we created our Mini-Courses on investing in Short-Term Rentals. If you are serious about investing your time and money into an Airbnb (aka Short Term Rental), you need a system. Our courses are jammed packed with everything you need to know to create massive, passive income. Plus, they're affordable.
and take a look at July's BNB Budget Makeover Series inside our blogs...
This month, we give you loads of great ideas on using your orphan days to make inexpensive changes to your properties. Begin here, with Budget Room Makeovers: Weekend Projects for Under $1000.
Don't miss a beat!
New articles, blogs, podcast episodes, and courses delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.