Budget Room Makeovers: Landscaping for Under $1000Jul 23, 2021
All through the month of July, we will be showing you how to do some great makeovers on your properties without breaking the bank. There's a lot to cover with only a small budget, so keep reading and check back in often!
Your house has an exterior, too. Remember that everyone can see your yard and the outside of your house. If you want to impress your guests, this might be the place to start.
(01) Paint. With a $1,000 budget, painting is the only exterior option that works. Whether your home is brick or siding, it can still be painted. Even vinyl siding can be painted with the appropriate paint. All that’s required is a few brushes and a ladder, in most cases.
(02) Mulch. Mulch is cheap, or even free in some cities during certain times of the year. Those old flowerbeds will look a lot better with a layer of mulch.
(03) New numbers. Every house ought to have the address clearly posted. It’s easier for your guests, the pizza delivery person, fire department, and the police to find your house. There are even a variety of different font options that add to the overall look of your house.
(04) New mailbox. It’s not uncommon to see a beautiful home with a mailbox that looks like it was run over by a truck. If the mailbox is in good structural shape, consider giving it a coat of paint.
(05) Flowers, shrubs, trees. Depending on the variety and season, these are inexpensive ways to add to the curb appeal of your home. Ensure that you’re purchasing plants that will thrive in your soil and climate.
(06) Planters. Whether under a window or sitting on your patio, planters are attractive, mobile, and inexpensive.
(07) Clean up. Many yards would benefit from a simple clean-up. Trim the grass around the house, trees, fence, and driveway. Pick up all the sticks. Then, plant grass seed on the bare patches. Pull the weeds. Fertilize the lawn. Keep the grass cut to the proper length.
*Pick up anything else that doesn’t belong in the yard. Throw out the broken porch swing and toys that nobody uses anymore.
*Many of these tasks are entirely free and only require sweat equity.
When the weather is nice, landscaping and other outdoor projects can be very enjoyable. Consider the weather and season when planning your outdoor makeover activities. It can be tough to do gardening or painting in the middle of a snowstorm or in the 118-degree heat of an Arizona summer.
Hope you enjoyed all our room suggestions!!
© The Prosperity Process, LLC
Want to hire a Virtual Assistant but don't have a clue about how to get started...
We've created a program just for you inside our membership, VA Advantage. Not a member yet? We've got you covered, too. We've made this program available for "outsiders" for a limited time and for less than $20. Grab it now before it's too late!
Go and Grow...
If you want to become financially free, you need the right education. That’s why we created our Mini-Courses on investing in Short-Term Rentals. If you are serious about investing your time and money into an Airbnb (aka Short Term Rental), you need a system. Our courses are jammed packed with everything you need to know to create massive, passive income. Plus, they're affordable.
and take a look at July's BNB Budget Makeover Series inside our blogs...
This month, we give you loads of great ideas on using your orphan days to make inexpensive changes to your properties. Begin here, with Budget Room Makeovers: Weekend Projects for Under $1000.
Don't miss a beat!
New articles, blogs, podcast episodes, and courses delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.