Following God's Plan to Crush Your GoalsDec 31, 2021
Many Christians believe that pursuing our goals goes against certain Christian beliefs and counteracts whatever plan God has in store for us. On the contrary - Scriptures encourage us to pursue our goals and achieve success.
Consider these passages from the Bible:
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
1 Chronicles 4:10 “Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.’ And God granted his request.”
The Promise of God
In Jeremiah, God tells you there is a plan for you: a wonderful and amazing plan. It’s a plan for success and joy.
Where did God plant that plan? In your heart, of course! God has given you the desire to succeed and manifest His work in this world.
The question is, “How do I find that plan?”
Since God planted the plan in your heart, look in your heart. Look prayerfully.
Try these strategies to discover this plan:
01) What is your passion? Your passion holds the dreams which God planted in your heart. Follow your passion.
02) Are you pushing it away? Is there something niggling in the back of your mind you're trying to avoid? Bring it to the forefront. Look at it clearly. This may contain God's plan for you that your ego wants to avoid. Your ego is that part of you that wants your will, not God's.
03) The "What then?" trick. Ask yourself, “Once I achieve that goal, what then would I want?” Keep asking "what then" until you have this deep ah-ha experience that says, "That's it. That's the ultimate plan for my life."
Trust in God's Promise
God's not going to give you the entire plan at once.
After all, you might get scared if you discovered God wanted you to begin a world-wide coaching business that would require writing three books a year for the next 10 years, managing a staff of 100 people, and others being jealous of you or speaking untruths about you.
God doesn't seem to write with straight lines. The path may meander about, especially when you interject your own will. God then re-writes the path and you're set again.
The key is trusting that God has everything in hand, even when you can't see more than 10 feet in front of you.
The Prayer of Jabez
Once you know the direction you're going, even if you only know the first step or two, let God know you're ready.
Consider these ideas found in the story of Jabez:
01) Jabez asked God to "bless me and enlarge my territory." You can ask God to:
- Bless you with the wisdom, knowledge, and resources needed to accomplish His plan for you.
- Bless your business, so it expands in every way according to God's will for you.
02) Then Jabez requested, "Let your hand be with me…"
- Ask God to guide and direct you, to inspire you, and let you know each succeeding step.
- Tell God that you'll listen to His messages to you. Stay in communication with God through prayer.
03) Lastly, Jabez asked, "… keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain."
- Ask for God's protection in every area of your life - for you, your family, and your business.
- Implied in your request is that your actions will be according to God's word.
04) Then, you're told that God granted his request.
- God promised through Jeremiah that He has plans for you: "… plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."
When you’re living God's plan for you and asking for assistance, the goals you set will be according to that plan. Your goals are God's goals for you. You can crush those goals and all your future ones as well.
Go and grow!
© The Prosperity Process, LLC
Want to hire a Virtual Assistant but don't have a clue about how to get started...
We've created a program just for you inside our membership, VA Advantage. Not a member yet? We've got you covered, too. We've made this program available for "outsiders" for a limited time and for less than $20. Grab it now before it's too late!
Go and Grow...
If you want to become financially free, you need the right education. That’s why we created our Mini-Courses on investing in Short-Term Rentals. If you are serious about investing your time and money into an Airbnb (aka Short Term Rental), you need a system. Our courses are jammed packed with everything you need to know to create massive, passive income. Plus, they're affordable.
and take a look at July's BNB Budget Makeover Series inside our blogs...
This month, we give you loads of great ideas on using your orphan days to make inexpensive changes to your properties. Begin here, with Budget Room Makeovers: Weekend Projects for Under $1000.
Don't miss a beat!
New articles, blogs, podcast episodes, and courses delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.