Improve Office Morale with Gratitude and TeamworkDec 10, 2021
We all desire recognition for a job well done, especially as members of a team. As a team, each person works together toward a common goal. Now instead of working together, imagine a team where each person was only interested in their own, separate little interests. Would you be able to get anything done?
Of course not!
When you’re working within a team you have to put personal interests aside and focus on the collective. If you don’t, tempers flare and trouble ensues. Teams composed of members who can’t put differences aside don’t win. Put simply: you won’t achieve the success you want if you aren’t focused on the common goal.
United We Stand - Teamwork Tips
The key strategy to boost office morale and team productivity is to stand strong behind your common goal. By creating a unified front, you will be able to work together, instead of pulling apart.
Here are some teamwork tips:
- Avoid appointing a team leader to oversee the progress and to keep everyone motivated to finish the project on time. Allow the team to do that on their own using a SCRUM board and having daily updates. Let the team work as a team and reward them as a team.
- Assign jobs according to the strengths of each team member. People naturally procrastinate when faced with a daunting task they’re uncomfortable with, so divide the work accordingly.
- Have daily morning briefs where all the team members get together if only for a few minutes, to tell what each accomplished yesterday, what they are doing today, and what help they need from others in order to get things done.
- Praise the team for a job well done. Acknowledge each person’s hard work and dedication and be sure to pass along any positive feedback from guests.
- Set up a team reward upon successful completion of a project. Money doesn’t have to be the only motivating factor to spur your team. Maybe it’s time-off, a gift basket, or a trophy.
Get an Attitude of Gratitude in Your Office
How can tension within the office be turned around? Gratitude. Yes, it really is that simple! Each member needs to felt appreciated for his or her contributions and value added to the team.
- Imagine a football team. If the quarterback isn’t grateful for the offensive line who blocks for him, the wide receivers who catch his passes, and the running backs who he can hand off the ball to, he will not have confidence in his teammates. This lack of confidence will show up as miscommunications, blown plays and lost games. The same things happen in the office!
In reality, an office setting is very much like being on a football team. You have to show gratitude to the:
- Administrative assistants who keep things organized and flowing
- Cleaning Crew who keep our units bright and shining
- Maintenance Team who keep everything running and our guests comfortable
- Marketing Team who make the company known
- Managers who coach, inspire, and lead
- And other Staff who tackle the finer details and makes things happen
Everyone plays an important part of the team, which is why we all need to appreciate one another in order to get things done! After all, without each other, where would you be?
Gratitude Leads to Effective Teamwork
Once you’re grateful for the skills and talents of your team members, you’ll begin to appreciate how each part of the puzzle is important for the overall success of the team. You may even discover a renewed excitement about your job and all the projects your team can accomplish.
- Let others know how you appreciate their time, talents, and hard work. Send out emails or mention specific names in the company newsletter. Let your team know you care about them as people and not just as workers.
- Encourage your workers to start up office clubs or activities that everyone can enjoy as a group. Doing so will help you get to know each other on a more casual basis.
Remember: it all starts with acknowledging how grateful you are for the talents of those around you. So take a moment today to say “Thank You!”
Go and grow!
© The Prosperity Process, LLC
Want to hire a Virtual Assistant but don't have a clue about how to get started...
We've created a program just for you inside our membership, VA Advantage. Not a member yet? We've got you covered, too. We've made this program available for "outsiders" for a limited time and for less than $20. Grab it now before it's too late!
Go and Grow...
If you want to become financially free, you need the right education. That’s why we created our Mini-Courses on investing in Short-Term Rentals. If you are serious about investing your time and money into an Airbnb (aka Short Term Rental), you need a system. Our courses are jammed packed with everything you need to know to create massive, passive income. Plus, they're affordable.
and take a look at July's BNB Budget Makeover Series inside our blogs...
This month, we give you loads of great ideas on using your orphan days to make inexpensive changes to your properties. Begin here, with Budget Room Makeovers: Weekend Projects for Under $1000.
Don't miss a beat!
New articles, blogs, podcast episodes, and courses delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.