Budget Room Makeovers: Bedrooms for Under $1000Jul 18, 2021
All through the month of July, we will be showing you how to do some great makeovers on your properties without breaking the bank. There's a lot to cover with only a small budget, so keep reading and check back in often!
Bedrooms are unique to whoever sleeps there. Avoid forcing your tastes on someone else. If there was ever a good time to appeal to the masses, this might be it.
You can create a formal or comfy master bedroom, as long as you stick with a soothing and restful design. Don't go too bold in here.
Makeover ideas for bedrooms:
(01) Flooring. For most bedrooms, carpeting or laminate flooring makes the most sense. Perhaps you can try putting tile in a large master bedroom if it fits in with the overall theme of the house. Wall-to-wall carpeting can be inexpensive and very easy to install in a bedroom. However, just ensure you have it professionally installed.
(02) Headboard. A new mattress can be expensive and adds nothing to the look of a room. But a new headboard can be the focal point of a bedroom. Most headboards or bed frames will be within your budget.
(03) Comforter. Blankets and comforters come in a wide variety of colors and patterns. It’s easy to find one that’s economical and attractive.
(04) Mirror. Mirrors are another accent item that you can find in numerous shapes and sizes. Mirrors are useful, inexpensive, and stylish!
(05) Knick-Knacks. While every other room in the house is shared, bedrooms are more personal. Use some of your available space to make a personal statement.
(06) Additional furniture. If you have the room, consider adding a chair. A single chair can be useful and look great.
(07) Platform bed. A platform bed is basically a bed without a box spring. The mattress typically lies on a wooden slab. While these beds aren’t cheap, it’s very possible to build one. There are directions available online. Look at Consumer Report's affordable and highly rated mattresses. Many of the top-rated are around $500, which isn't bad at all!
(08) End tables and lamps. Most end tables are inexpensive, due to their size. Look around and find something exciting. There’s also a variety of lamps available.
You can be more creative with bedrooms but stick with a calming design your guests will appreciate. Find the most popular and liked designs on Pinterest instead of bold or outrageous designs for bedrooms.
© The Prosperity Process, LLC
Want to hire a Virtual Assistant but don't have a clue about how to get started...
We've created a program just for you inside our membership, VA Advantage. Not a member yet? We've got you covered, too. We've made this program available for "outsiders" for a limited time and for less than $20. Grab it now before it's too late!
Go and Grow...
If you want to become financially free, you need the right education. That’s why we created our Mini-Courses on investing in Short-Term Rentals. If you are serious about investing your time and money into an Airbnb (aka Short Term Rental), you need a system. Our courses are jammed packed with everything you need to know to create massive, passive income. Plus, they're affordable.
and take a look at July's BNB Budget Makeover Series inside our blogs...
This month, we give you loads of great ideas on using your orphan days to make inexpensive changes to your properties. Begin here, with Budget Room Makeovers: Weekend Projects for Under $1000.
Don't miss a beat!
New articles, blogs, podcast episodes, and courses delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.